Having pimples on forehead, upper belly, back and shoulders. Am I having fungal infection?

I have what it looks like pimples on my forehead, upper belly, back, and shoulders. They start as a little red bump and then develop into a whitehead pimple. I've had these since March. I went to dermatologist and he said that was fulliculitis and prescribed doxycicline for 21 days. It did cured me. He then decided to do a culture which he said it came back negative. He told me to use Effaclar Duo cream and gave me some samples. It temporarily seem to reduce the whiteheads but did not cure me. He then decided to do a biopsy which he said I had a fungal fulliculitis and prescribed Nizoral for 5 days. And he asked me to continue using the Effaclar Duo cream. Still, I'm not cured after all of that. The pimples show up in sweat covered areas. I am wondering if I have a fungal infection. Back in march I remember using a net bath sponge that had black mold. Of course, I noticed after I had scrubbed my body and face with it.
What do you think I should do at this point?
Posted Thu, 21 Jan 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 37 minutes later
Dear patient
Thanks for your query
Acne are common in the area mentioned by you.
Doxycycline can treat the existing lesions but can't stop new legions.
Oral isotretinoin is the drug of choice to stop acne for once and all.
Topical retinoids are prescribed to contain lesions.till the time they a re applied .
A treatment with oral azithromycin can be tried if dixycycline fails.