Ask a Urologist   »  

Having phimosis problem. Is it safe to use betamethasone cream?

Question
i have a phimosis problem.I have consulted to a doctor for this he tried to force the foreskin back using an ointment.It worked for a while but after that it again came back to same position as earlier.He had adviced me to practice this at home with the ointment I tried but not able to do so.Now I have missed his prescription and the ointment by mistake and could not go back to him due to embarrasement. Can any one of you please suggest me any proper ointment that may work on this? How far is BETAMETHASONE cream good in my problem? my email id is YYYY@YYYY
Posted Thu, 4 Oct 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 48 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Initially you should apply Beclocort-N cream locally to the narrow part of the foreskin and practice retraction of foreskin. You are expected to get relief within 4-6 weeks.

You should also change the technique of masturbation. While masturbating, instead of griping it from side, you should close your hand over your penis and move it back and forth.

If there is no relief, please consult a general Surgeon for stretching the foreskin manually by ballooning or with other tools.

Thanks for trusting XXXXXXX and posting your query.

Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.

If you have further concerns in this regard, I would be happy to discuss those with you as well.

With good wishes,
Dr.Chandra Shekhar Sharma

Follow-up: Having phimosis problem. Is it safe to use betamethasone cream? 25 hours later
hi doctor,

I live in Vashi,NaviMumbai . I am not able to get the cream here that you have told me. Can you recommend me some alternative cream? or else please give me the contact details of any chemist whom you know having this cream and he can courier me the medicine to my address . I'll pay for the medicine . Thank You.

- XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 40 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

Welcome again,

Beclocort-N cream contains Beclomethasone dipropionate 0.025% and Neomycin 0.5%. You can ask chemist to provide you any cream of reliable company having same composition. If it is not available with neomycin, you can use cream containing only beclomethasone 0.025% also.

with you as well.

With good wishes,
Dr.Chandra Shekhar Sharma