Having persistent headache. How to get relief?

Neurologist, Surgical
Hi there,
I have been having a headache persistent for the last 2 - 3 weeks specifically on the eye brow of one side and I am a heavy user of Computer, Tablet and Mobile so I would like to understand what is the best thing to do.
Thank you
Posted Thu, 8 Nov 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 3 hours later
I strongly feel that this could be either a migraine or tension headache. It is more likely to be migraine if it is associated with nausea and vomiting. If not, then it's probably headache associated with excessive use of computers. The first thing that you should do is get your eyes checked. This can be followed by consultation with a neurologist for starting analgesics and migraine prophylaxis if it is diagnosed that way, still if does not subside you will be required to get a CT Scan head done.
Hope that gives you an idea of what needs to be done.
Dr. Vineet
Follow-up: Having persistent headache. How to get relief? 5 hours later
Can this be a brain tumour?
Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 6 hours later

Chances of it being brain tumour are very less.

Brain tumours are associated with projectile vomiting or weakness of any part of body / seizures / change of personality. However the above fact is confirmed only by a CT scan of the head.

Hope this answers your query.

Follow-up: Having persistent headache. How to get relief? 7 hours later
When I went for a 1-week vacation, migraine disappeared, what would you think and what is your explanation based on that please?
Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 19 minutes later

I think on vacation you didn't use computer and probably slept well. Computer use precipitates and good sleep relives migraine.

Hope this clarifies your doubt.

Dr Vineet