Having persistent cough with mucus. Have asthama. Guide

Sep 2013

I have a persistant cough all day and in the night but it is not that bad until I awake in the morning I am coughing up white mucos and sometimes a yellowy green I have had this cough since I packed up smoking about 10yrs ago the doctor gave montelukast 10mg tablets but they don't do anythink I have astahma and c o p d which I take all the medicines for this
Posted Wed, 5 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 6 hours later

In your medical history, mentioned that there is Asthma & C O P D(Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease).

Main complaint is persistent cough, particularly early in the morning.

There is fall of temperature early in the morning, so congestion become more due fall of temperature, so cough become worse, that is the reason.

Dry cough is an indication that severe constriction is also present.

Fall in temperature, constriction, allergens further aggravate the cough.

As you are already on medication but only on antihistamine. Consult your doctor and get some BRONCHODILATOR particularly for times in the night.

Yellow green mucus also present so please get medicine for this as infection is main reason.
If you will take Bronchodilator late in night, than you will get relief in cough early in morning.
Steam inhalation is another way for some relief from dry cough.

As you are already taking treatment for asthma & COPD (Chronic Obstructive pulmonary disease
), so please carry on this medicine regularly.

Please avoid, dust, mite, pollen, active or passive smoking, spray, fume, fine powder, Ups & down of temperature etc

Hope I have answered your query.

If any further question I will be happy to help you.

Good wishes for speedy recovery.