Having persistent cough and running nose. Have dust allergy and asthma. Taken benadryl and alkof, no help. Advise?

i am having persistant cough and slightly running nose for last 5 days. I have dust alergy and some mild asthama problem.
The coughing could have increased due to the fact that i was shifting house and had some dust exposure.
I have taken benedril, Lydril and Alkof (all cough syrup) with no improvement in coughing.
I took D Cold Total yesterday and it has decreased the coughing subtantially.
Should i countinue to take D Cold total? How many tablets can I take in a day?
Should i also take any inhaler like Seroflow?
Posted Thu, 5 Sep 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Continue the medication

Detailed Answer:

Yes, you can take D cold total. Do take it twice daily once in the morning and in night after food fr not more than 3 days.

Since its cold season out there and can cause bronchoconstriction, you can add seroflow inhalation also if required.