Having peripheral vision loss and have no retinol detachment and no glaucoma. Take toprol. Side effect?

I am having some peripheral vision loss (the top part of my vision in my right eye). I went to an optometrist and I have no retinol detachment and no glaucoma. He said I have healthy eyes. I do take toprol XL. Could this be a side effect and if so, would my vision improve if I quit taking it?
Posted Fri, 23 Aug 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 46 minutes later
My Dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
We can not be very sure of Toprol effecting your vision like this.
Still since the problem is there it is not a bad idea to change the BP medication to some thing different in consultation with your physician with BP monitoring and then observe these visual changes if they go away.
Since you have been examined by optometerist and detachment and glaucoma have been ruled out this looks to be anothr option available.
Do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.