Having periods. Had diarrhea after removing tampon. Developed itchy rash on hands and feet. Related to toxic shock?

I'm a 40 year old female who is currently menstruating. I wore a tampon overnight this past Tuesday & then wore another super absorbency tampon approximately 10 hours on Wednesday. Wednesday evening after removing the tampon, I had a bout of diarrhea briefly but more
concerning is that I developed an itchy rash on my hands & now my feet. I have no other symptoms of toxic shock such as low blood pressure, fever,...Is it possible that this rash is related to toxic shock?
Posted Fri, 9 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Any infection either viral or bacterial can cause some local allergic itch on your skin.
There is nothing to be worried for this.
In case itch is bothering you,you may take oral Benadryl capsule and apply local lactocalamine lotion.
In case your itch or rash doesn't subside or if it flares up,then you are advised to consult your doctor or a dermatologist for proper examination,diagnosis and treatment.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck