Having penis discharge. Tested negative for gonorrhea, std. Took doxycycline. Herpes simplex 2?

Excellent

Psychiatrist
Question
I had a sexual encounter 2 months ago, A Few days Later I have had a Discharge from My Penis, That has been going on since I was infected, I have Been tested for Gonareah / Clamidiya and Trich. All Are Negative

I waited a Month and Took a std Panel, Which was also Negative, However They did observe a few either white cells or organisims That have yet to be idetified from the urin test.

Could Herpes simplex 2 Be the cause of This, And Would the discharge I have Yellow/Green in color Be caused By herpes and lasted This Long? I have been treated with doxycycline, Azthromycin, Flaygel and Rochepen. Nothing has Helped Thus far

Posted Sat, 27 Apr 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 49 minutes later
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
From the description that you have given it appears that you have contracted some form of STD infection.
Even though gonococci, trichomonas and chlamydia have come negative, still these tests are not 100% sensitive.
Candida can be a reason for the yellow-green discharge which will not respond to antibiotics.
If you urine is showing some pus cells, the better way would be to centrifuge the urine sample and then culture the urine sample.
Also consider giving a semen sample for the culture and sensitivity. Prostatitis may not respond to antibiotics in a short frame and may or may not be seen in urine.
The drugs you have used are quite broad spectrum and your illness should have responded. If it is not responding then finding the focus and doing the culture and sensitivity should be the first step.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you can close the discussion and rate the answer accordingly.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy

Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.

Follow-up: Having penis discharge. Tested negative for gonorrhea, std. Took doxycycline. Herpes simplex 2? 12 minutes later
Could Herpes have caused this ?

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 7 minutes later
Sorry for skipping this part of your question. It is possible due to herpes but it is more of a serous discharge and cannot be yellow green in colour.
You can get a PCR test done for herpes which is quite sensitive.
Colored discharges are more common with either bacterial or fungal infection.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy

Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.

Follow-up: Having penis discharge. Tested negative for gonorrhea, std. Took doxycycline. Herpes simplex 2? 5 minutes later
PCR is done Through the Urine or Blood ?

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 4 minutes later
Hello again,
PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) test is done on blood. There are two types of herpes virus and both are tested by the PCR test which is done on blood.
The test is quite sensitive and you should get it done.
Though it is not herpes, but still its better if you get it done.
Thanks and regards,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD