Having pelvic pain from hip to groin. Could be derived from the klebsiella pneumoniae?

I have been having pelvic pain from my hip to my groin on a daily basis that is getting worse, I had been treat with IV The last four weeks, I was wondering if the pain could be derived from the klebsiella pneumoniae , As The infection was primarley in the bladder area, Thanks
Posted Sat, 9 Nov 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Infection of the bladder is very likely.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query.

Chest infection like Pneumonia may not directly cause pelvic pain.

But your past history is very significant.

You had cystitis in the past and the is a chance of recurrence. This may be the likely cause of pain in the pelvis.

But you're already treated with antibiotics for almost a month.

So the antibiotics may not be effective or there may be an occult infection in the body which is causing recurrent infections of the bladder.

You may need X XXXXXXX and Ultrasound KUB to rule out any renal calculus.
Urine culture and sensitive to establish the efficiency of the antibiotic treatment.

If there is no growth organism then the antibiotic is efficient and the cause of pelvic pain may be other then bladder infection.

If there is growth the choose the effective antibiotic and cure the infection completely to prevent recurrence.

Hope the answer helps you.

Follow-up: Having pelvic pain from hip to groin. Could be derived from the klebsiella pneumoniae? 25 minutes later
urine cultures were done a week ago, Nothing grew out in terms of the Klebsilella, They did note That there was notes of staphylococcus, My concen is that the Pelvic pain travels from the lower groin to the hip, Even with pain meds and creams that hasen't Helped Much, Being that the pelvis pain started during the height of the klebsiella infection, Can the pain be related to the Klebsiella itself, Or is the pain coming from a seprate issue, The Cat scan was negative for hernias etc.

Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Culture shows bacterial growth.

Detailed Answer:

The pain may not be due to Klebsiella infection. Because now you're free from it. But there is evidence of Staphylococcal infection, this could be causing the pain. It needs to be treated.

Pain that spreads from hip to groin is a classical representation of ureteric colic. And urinary infection (staphylococcus in this case) and a stone could be the cause of pain. I would also consider an ultrasound scan / CT scan to exclude renal stone.

In brief, Klebsiella is unlikely the cause of pain. But Staph infection or a renal stone may be the cause of pain.

Hope this helps.