Having pea sized bump inside of cheek. .What might it be?

I have a pea sized bump on the inside of my cheek..not painful..what might it be? it is a wartlike structure..and seems to be on the surface with no intrusion.
Posted Fri, 20 Jul 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 1 hour later

Thanks for writing in.

Lump inside the cheek have many differentials as the features.

I would like to know,how long lump has been present and it's exact location. Do you smoke or did you ever smoke or chew tobacco?

It can be just mucocele as you are telling that it seems to be on surface with no invasion. It is usually painless. Nothing to worry about this.

Even teeth irregularity can cause lump like swelling inside the cheek. But it will be painful as tooth hurts mucosa every time during chewing movment.

If lump is present for long time, in elderly people; it is suggestive of malignancy; If following symptoms and signs are present. Look for if you develop-
1] Unexplained bleeding in the mouth
2] Unexplained numbness, loss of feeling, or pain/tenderness in any area of the face, mouth, or neck.

To arrive at correct diagnosis, thorough clinical examination[inspection and palpation] needs to be done. So consult a Primary care / dentist for clinical examination.

I hope I have answered your query. In case of doubt I shall be happy to help you.