Having pas size lump under collar bone. Warm and tender to touch. Have cold and no fever. What can be done?

I have a 2 month old daughter with what appears to be a pea size lump under her left collar bone. It is not raised above the skin, but appears to be bluish mass under the skin. The skin above the area has almost like small broken blood vessels but area surrounding is white. It is not warm to touch or tender. It doesnt appear to bother her at all. She does currently have a cold and a slight case of thrush, but no fever. She is eating well and appears to be happy and very active.
Posted Mon, 8 Jul 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 42 minutes later

Thanks for your query

I can feel your concerns ,
But nothing to worry about , if it is non tender and no warmth over the lesion.

It would be better if you would have uploaded a picture of that lesion , as this facility is available at this forum.

Does she had this lump at any other site of body?
Is it growing in size?
What is the skin colour ?
Is it mobile or attached to underlying structures?
Hows her thrush now?

Just do not squeeze the lump. Warm compression will be helpful.
Be a vigilant observer for any change in size or colour.

Come up with these answers , I will be happy to answer if you have any other queries.

Wishing her a speedy recovery.

take care

Follow-up: Having pas size lump under collar bone. Warm and tender to touch. Have cold and no fever. What can be done? 13 hours later
Thank you for your response.
She does not have this lump at any other site of her body and it does not appear to be attached to anything beneath the surface. It is mobile and does not appear to be growing. Skin color is white/pink like she always is. Her thrush has improved. It remains mainly on the rear of her tongue, but I am using a q-tip to apply the violet in the rear of her mouth.
I am not sure if the upload worked or not but in reports I posted a picture of the area. Since the lump is below the surface and does not protrude it does not show just the "broken blood vessel" like area.
Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 1 hour later

Thanks for your follow up,

This seems to be a big swelling under the skin and it need to be worked up.
My suggestion is to do an ultrasound of the area along with biopsy .

It can be a bunch of blood vessels under the skin or just collection of fats.

Do consult me again on this forum.

Hope, I have answered you. If you do not have any other clarifications you can close the discussion and rate the query.