Having panic attack. Felt detached. Suffer tingling in scalp and burning in forehead. Guide?

Im a 34yr male and I recently started having panic attacks. I might have had 2 or 3 full blown attacks (racing heart, nervous, anxious) in the last 6 months. After the last one Ive felt disattached from reality at times. Ive had tiggling in my scalp from time to time and constant burning sensation in my forehead . Im constantly thinking and my mind races which starts my anxiety. If Im busy with something and or enjoying myself I tend to forget about it, but as soon as Im by myself it starts up again. Ive controlled the attacks somewhat with relaxtion music and breathing excercises but the constant thinking, feeling in my head and somewhat reality thing are always there.
Posted Tue, 20 Aug 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Nehal Shah 30 minutes later
Thanks for using healthcare magic.

I have gone through your history.

It seems that you are haing panic attack with anticipatory anxiety. You should consult psychiatrist for detailed evaluation and management.

Doctor mzy rule out physical causes like thyroid dysfunction or cardiac causes by expert examination and blood assay.

Doctor may prescribe anti anxiety agents like alprazolam or clonazepam or he may prescribe anti depressant agent with anti anxiety property like peroxetine.
Counselling, psychotherapy may be of good help to you.
Meanwhile, you may do stress management and relaxation exercise like breathing exercise, yoga,meditation to have better control over stress.

Avoid nicotine, caffeine and illicit substance if any.

I hope i have addressed your concern.

Feel free to revert to me in case if you have any query.

Follow-up: Having panic attack. Felt detached. Suffer tingling in scalp and burning in forehead. Guide? 53 minutes later
thank you for your quick response. ive had blood work down last month and my thyroid was in range and all other work tested were normal. Ive had some stress lately but am quite happy with my life. I worry Im sick or something I guess which runs my anxiety through the roof. The only thing that really concerns me now is this discomfort in my head. Any ideas if the stress or overthinking causes this feeling in my head and will it ever go away? Ive made an appointment with my physician tomorrow.
Answered by Dr. Nehal Shah 6 hours later
Thanks for reverting to me.

Headache , mild giddiness and discomfort are cardinal symptoms of anxiety- stress.

So your symptoms are due to anxiety or depression.
With treatment,, it should go soon.

I hope i have addressed your concern.

If you do not have any query, please close the discussion and rate the answer.