Having palpitations. Holters done. Suggested pvcs and pacs in normal range. What could be the cause?

I have had palpitations on and off for about ten years now. I have had two holters done and both times the cardio doc's said that they were pvcs and pacs and that they were in the normal range. But lately I have consistently been having them after I eat. Do you know what could cause this?
Posted Mon, 15 Jul 2013 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 29 days later
Respected Sir
1. If you ever had loss of consciousness/ vertigo/ unexplained fall/ blackout associated with these palpitation? If no, then palpitations caused by PACs and PVCs, when associated with a structurally normal heart on ECHO are benign entities. They are to be treated with single drug if they are causing bothersome symptoms.
2. Exact causes of these premature contractions is not clear in all the cases. They are common in normal population and most of people never get aware about them. They are more common in people with high thyroid hormone level, smokers, those who use excess of coffee/ tea, anxious personality, lung disorder, high blood pressure, anti-cold/ anti-asthma medication. Some ingredients in food may cause these palpitations in certain individuals. If you feel any particular food item precipitates them, please avoid it.
3. In cases, where above measures do not help, single drugs from group of beta-blockers can help reducing them. You can discuss with your local cardiologist and get a prescription.
Feel free to discuss further.
Sukhvinder XXXXXXX