Having painless lump on cheek near canine tooth along the gumline. How to remove it?

Excellent

ENT Specialist
Question
I have a tiny smaller than a pea shaped lump in my right cheek. It is located close to the cainine tooth along the gumline but not in the gum it is in the cheek. I cannot see it. It is moveable and I can only feel it with my tongue when putting pressure on the outside with my finger and using my tongue to move it. It is not painful. I was a smokeless tobacco user but have been quit for a while now. The dentist on my last check 6 mo ago said everything looked fine. This lump just came up about a week ago. As I said I can not see it from the inside or outside. Just can feel and move it with tongue
Posted Wed, 29 May 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 2 hours later

Thank you for your query.

1. This painless pea sized lump could be a lymph node, a cyst or a cold abscess.

2. Get a dental opinion and dental x-rays done.

3. An ultrasound (USG) and a USG guides FNAC may be done if the lump is growing bigger or does to respond to routine treatment.

I must emphasize that the cause will mostly be benign.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.

Regards.

Follow-up: Having painless lump on cheek near canine tooth along the gumline. How to remove it? 3 hours later
Thank you Dr.

I appreciate your response. Ill have to admit I'm a bit of a worrier and a hipochdriac so forgive me for continuing to bother you. Just curious though, if this were some type of oral cancer wouldn't I be able to see some sort of lesion or sore or spot in this area. Like I said I can't see anything I can only feel this little lump in the tissue and can move it up and down. It really does not hurt its just a little tender and I think it's only from me messing with it so much.
I do have an app next week with my dentist for cleaning and checkup. I'm just looking to ease my mind a little. Thanks

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 19 hours later

Thank you for writing back.

1. This is an extremely rare site for a cancer.

2. The tenderness may be due to constant palpating of the area. Cancerous tissue is usually non tender or painless initially.

Hence there is no cause for worry. Kindly follow the instructions mentioned above.

Regards.