Having painless lump inside cheek. Taking medications like glucophage, levoxyl, ocella and spirinolactone. Having depression, PCOS and idiopathic. Suggest

i doubt this is anything serious, but it is irritating me so i am asking about it... for a couple weeks i have had a painless white bump on the inside of my cheek - technically under my lip. i know it is not a canker sore, because it's not painful and it's far enough away from my teeth to not have been irritated or caused by that. and i know its not a cold sore either, because i haven't had any contact with anyone who has them and because, again, it is painless. i've had both of those things before, so i am pretty sure. this, however, has never happened before. i've never had a cavity, nor any dental issues, and had my wisdom teeth taken out a couple years ago.

i am 21-year-old female, i have a number of medical issues that are up in the air right now, and i'm on a lot of meds. i have been on most of these for a very long time, but here they are: glucophage (2000mg - 1000mg twice daily but haven't been taking the second very often as of late); levoxyl 88mg; ocella (birth control pill); spirinolactone 100mg, glycopyrrolate 2mg; adderall 30mg; effexor 170mg (have been on it for about a month now); welbutrin 450 mg. i have depression, ADD, hyperhidrosis, idiopathic slow transit constipation, either PCOS or hypothyroidism - it is unclear at this point, originally thought to be PCOS). it's probably irrelevant, but i have been undergoing a Cushing's workup for a while now, and the tests have suggested something cyclical. i also had emergency surgery two months ago to remove my gallbladder, even though i had only had one attack previously, and that was two years ago.

i forgot to mention: it is hard-ish (as opposed to being fluid-filled or anything). i tried to see if i could squeeze it out (not good, i know), and i was unsuccessful.
Posted Wed, 19 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 2 hours later

Thank you for your query.

I have seen the photograph and gone through your history. From the photograph it appears to be a retention cyst, though you have mentioned that it does not appear fluid-filled. Retention cyst may appear hard as the fluid is under tension. The confirmation can only be done by a physical examination and the management is marsupilization of the cyst.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please revert back in case you need any clarifications or would like to share more facts of the case.

Wishing you all the best.

Rajiv K Khandelwal