Having painful sore lump on collarbone near shoulder. Is this due to carrying heavy things?

I have a sizable and very sore 'bony/gristly' lump on my right collarbone, near my shoulder. It is the size of a marble, about 1.5cm in diameter, and painful as though bruised. The pain is focused around the lump but radiates around the bone and surrounding tissues. I am wondering whether this is to do with carrying a very heavy bag (laptop etc.) regularly, and whether there is any long term issue with this, as i seems worse after I have been away on business (managing heavy luggage)? My left collarbone has a small lump about 10cm in from my shoulder which doesn't hurt, but on the right hand side it is much much larger and really quite painful.
Posted Thu, 30 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 4 hours later
Welcome and thanks for your question
I would be pleased to help you with your Question

The lump cannot be due to carrying of the heavy bag . I would suggest you should get the lump examined clinically by the doctor . We will need to rule out bony growth from the collar bone , Lymphnodes , other cystic growths.
An investigation like X XXXXXXX would also help towards the same .

Thanks and Take care