Having painful shoulder after surgery. Having muscle spasm often. Getting tingling feeling. What can be the cause?

Jul 2013

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Hi I had an operation due to very painful shoulder this was after many months of physio. they cut the tendon which now give me a popeye musle. which goes into spasm quite often. also the pain around the shoulder where the tendons go into the shoulder very painful. the surgoen also enlarge the opening which work for 6 months .I now get tingling feeling in my right side of my face which appears to be connected with the problem appart from shooting me any ideas?
Posted Wed, 11 Sep 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. K. Naga Ravi Prasad 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Numerous causes for tingling in Face.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

Based on your description, I understand that you are more concerned with tingling in face. There are numerous conditions that produce tingling in the face like
* Trigeminal neuralgia - Trigeminal nerve is one of the cranial nerve that supplies the face. If its injured or irritated, facial tingling results.
* Migraine headaches - often results in tingling in face
* Vitamin B12 deficiency
* Anxiety or Stress - this is also a common cause for tingling in facial muscles
* Exposure to cold can also causing tingling sensation
* Cervical spondylosis
* Multiple sclerosis
* Brain tumours

So, a detailed evaluation by a Neurophysician is needed to establish a proper diagnosis of your condition.

Regarding the pain in your shoulder, it may be related to the surgery that you underwent. Appropriate physiotherapy of the shoulder girdle muscles, Ice packing of the affected area and moist heat fomentation of the taut muscles will help in alleviating your pain.

Hope I have addressed your query. I welcome any more clarifications