Having painful muscle cramps in legs and feet. Suggest some cure and medicine?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
For about three or four weeks I have been having painful muscle cramps in my legs and feet almost every night, and today I got them in my feet while doing my normal housework. I've have muscle cramps before on rare occasions.
Posted Fri, 20 Jul 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
Night cramps most of the time occur for no known reason, and they're harmless.

Sometimes, it can be due to dehydration, muscle fatigue or electrolyte abnormalities. It is better to drink sufficient fluid and also see that your intake of electrolytes (sodium, potassium, magnesium ) is sufficient. You can drink Oralyte for this.
In case symptoms persist, then an evaluation is necessary.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.