Having painful lump in a leg after walking. Possible treatment for this?

Posting for the 2nd time please...awaiting reply for below please...

Dear Doc...

Herewith I have attached photos of my left leg with a lump ( Corn like ).
I got this 2 months back after doing a 4KM walk with slippers on the streets.
It gives me a pain. Kindly advise possible treatment for this... Thanks !
Asked by Me , Thu, 11 Apr 2013
Posted Fri, 31 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 23 days later
Hello and welcome to XXXXXXX

Thank you for choosing us.

From the attached picture, it appears as though this is indeed a corn. Corns appear in high-pressure(large amount of weight/pressure is applied) areas due to either poorly fitting footwear or increased/heavy activities (as you have mentioned, this was seen after a long walk).

The pain that you experience is mostly when you apply pressure to the region, which aggravates it. As the location of the corn is in an area which has to constantly carry your body weight, this makes the corn a little more difficult to treat. But do not worry, we shall surely get rid of this.

The first thing you will have to do is to wear comfortable footwear and take the pressure off the corn, we can do this by:
-Corn caps: These are cushions that we can place on the corn for a few days, which will first of all take the pressure off the corn, and second, have a solution inside them that will help in dissolving the corns (one corn cap should be used for 2 days, then remove and check the corn, if required apply another one. A maximum of 5 corn caps can be used)
-Wear thick socks
-Add an extra sole cushion inside your shoes
-Avoid sharing your socks or footwear with others
-Take extra care for foot hygiene (clean feet regularly)

Corns are very common, and being an athlete myself, I had many at one point of time. The corn caps really helped me. I understand the irritation they can cause to daily activity, but all we have to do is to avoid applying pressure on them and use the corn caps till they have completely dissolved the corns.

I hope you found my response helpful and informative. Do write back to me for any further clarifications, or you could rate my answers after closing this discussion.

Best wishes.