Having painful lump, bruises and pain from inner thigh to knee. What could be the cause?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have a painful lump which is a gland. Pain in the immediate area and going down my inner leg to my knee. Day 2 the pain went down to my ankle. It felt like a pulled muscle. Day 3 I have 2 small bruises. Less pain
Posted Thu, 12 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 2 hours later
Brief Answer: You may need further investigation Detailed Answer: Hello I have studied your case. As per your symptoms and images there is possibility of lymph node involvement leading to pain and bruise. Another reason of radiating pain can be due to lumbar disc lesion. MRI scan can be done if clinically required. Blood investigations are required for lymph node involement. Till time you can start analgesic medication and antibiotic. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care