Having painful chest due to cough. Taking medication for cold. Should I be concerned?

Apr 2014

hi i am a healthcare provider who has had a tempp>99.9 going on 4 days, wracking cough with painful chest and pretty much non stop dizziness. I am getting a bit concerned. Saw my PCP yesterday and he thought viral. I am taking cold/flu preps every 6 hours. Should I be concerned?
Posted Tue, 19 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need chest X-ray (PA view).

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

You need proper clinical examination and investigations.
Investigations include routine hemogram,chest X-ray (PA view).Further investigations can be done if needed.
Chest X-ray can exclude infection.
You also need throat examination as it may be the site of infection.
You have four days fever,so other causes of fever should also be considered and need treatment accordingly.

Get well soon
Hope i have answered your query.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care