Having painful blister in the inner leg. Dressing and bandage are being replaced. Suggest

Dec 2013

thank you Dr Kanadia. Following on from your response. I have an appointment with a Vascular Specialist, Thursday 21 November. Thank you so much for your advise on that. The District Nurse thinks the infection has cleared. However, the curam dua runs out tomorrow, & unfortunately I can't get hold of my GP to find out if I need to continue on them........or what should happen. The size of the blister is getting smaller. The skin is still sensitive & at times painful, on the inner leg. The dressing & bandage are being replaced every 2 - 3 days by the District Nurse. I think that is all for now. Any comments I would be grateful for. I must say, I am feeling better within myself, able to stand a bit, & walk a bit more, & rest up during the day. With kind regards XXXXX
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 12 hours later
Brief Answer: kinldy see the suggestions below Detailed Answer: Hello Madam, Welcome to the forum again. I am really pleased to know that you are feeling quite better now. Your words gave a great feeling of ease to myself. As per the query regarding the antibiotics- This is the right time to stop the antibiotic, so you should not be worried about the same. This is on the part of following points: - You have taken this antibiotic for more than 14 days so it is enough of time for Curam duo to have its best of the effect. - There is regressing size of the wound - least of pain in the wound - Change of dressing in 2-3 days All of these points make us to decide that antibiotic can be very safely stopped now. I further suggest you to take tablet Serratiopeptidase twice daily for next 14 days of period which will help in rapid wound healing. The best of the part now is proper wound care and physiotherapy. Your nurse has very well taken care of the wound to give you the earliest and best of relief. Now for yourself I suggest you to move your leg in the bed at all the joints as a part of physiotherapy exercise. This will not only help you in good wound healing by good supply but will also help you in early and best mobility. My wishes for your early and best recovery, With kind regards, Dr Sanjay MD