Having painful and sensitive little vein bumps raise up in fingers. What is going on?

I keep having these strange little vein bumps raise up in my fingers. They are painful and leave the spot sensitive for a couple days hence. And sometimes they form a bruise.
Posted Sun, 25 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 2 hours later
Thanks for your question .
I would be pleased to answer your question.

Your description of the condition sounds like Vasculitis .
This is the inflammation of the blood vessel which results in painful sensitive spots and bruises.
I would suggest that you should get a blood work up done to rule out the vasculitis.
An oral intake of corticosteroid prescribed from your Dermatologist or the Physician is the treatment for Vasculitis .
A blood work up to rule out Autoimmune disorders would be very important .
Thanks and Take care