Having pain under ribs in back. Abdominal CT scan showed tiny hemangioma. Safe remedy?

I am having right upper quadrant pain just under the ribs in my back. What could it be
I had an abd CT three years ago that showed tiny hemangioma that appeared to benign
Posted Sun, 24 Feb 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 1 hour later
Hello Madam,
Thank you very much for posting this question.

The causes of pain the right upper quadrant of the abdomen could be due to various causes like infection of gall bladder, liver infections, acid-peptic diseases. Sometimes problem in the kidney or diaphragm may cause similar pain, the way you have described.

In the background history of hemangioma, a bleed into the hemangioma will result in pain too.
The presence or absence of vomiting, constipation, and any local swelling, jaundice, ability to pass flatus or motions will further help narrow down the diagnostic hypothesis.

My advice will be to undergo a medical check up with a local gastroenterologist who will examine you clinically and determine the need for any imaging study and/or endoscopy.

You need to stop smoking as this increases the risk of acid-peptic disease and so many other gastrointestinal problem. It may adversely affect your heart and brain too. It may increase the risk of developing cancer as opposed to non-smoker of same age.

Hope this clarifies
I will be happy to clarify further

Dr Gopal Krishna Dash MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology), Post-doctoral fellowship (Epilepsy)
Consultant Neurologist and Epilepsy Specialist
Apollo Hospital, Hyderabad