Having pain under armpit. Had swollen lymph node on neck. Diagnosed chlamydia and prescribed antibiotics. Caused due to chlamydia?

Dermatologist
Question
hello, i have pain under my left armpit. i shaved it 7 days ago. and it hurts me a lot, especially when i touch it...

I had swollen lymph node on my neck - under ear 7 days ago, and i went to my doctor, who said that I have chlamydia, and he put me on antibiotics for 10 days. When I started antibiotics, immediately lymph node went normal (withing 48 hours). I'm still taking antibiotics, though.

Can chlamydia cause swollen lymph nodes?

On the other hand, i have shaved my armpits few days ago, and I have iritations and pain when i touch my left armpit. Is it also lymph node?

Could these symptoms lead to HIV infection? Or only chlamydia?
Posted Sun, 14 Jul 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Follow-up: Having pain under armpit. Had swollen lymph node on neck. Diagnosed chlamydia and prescribed antibiotics. Caused due to chlamydia? 11 minutes later
There is a very small chance that I got in touch with HIV infected person 10 months ago. But i had protection.

Since than I didn't have fever nor any else symptoms besides chlamydia.

Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 28 minutes later
Hello
Thanks for your query posted . I would be pleased to answer your question .

yes , Chlamydia can cause swollen lymph nodes but very rarely in the neck .

It most commonly causes urethritis and then secondary inflammation of the lymph nodes in the groin area .

The pain in the arm pit may be secondary to the furuncle or the infection of the hair follicles. I would suggest you to take an antibiotic course for the same . This includes an application of an antibiotic cream called mupirocin ointment .

I would also suggest you to get clinically examined to rule out general lymphadenopathy.

Thanks and take care

Follow-up: Having pain under armpit. Had swollen lymph node on neck. Diagnosed chlamydia and prescribed antibiotics. Caused due to chlamydia? 27 minutes later
I' have few more days to take antibiotics. I started on monday evening, and i have to take it for 10 days (thursday morning). Actually, I'm taking DOXYCYCLIN 100mg 2 times per day.

Shouldnt these antibiotics solve the problem in my armpit too?

So, there is no way these symptoms lead to HIV infection?

Thank you very much!

Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 30 hours later
Thanks for your continue .please continue with doxycycline for atleast 2 weeks . That will control the infection better and put the ointment as advised .

These do not indicate or lead to HIV.

thanks and take care