Having pain, tingling sensation on breast and felt large lump on breast. Should I be concerned?

My sister says she can feel a large lump the size of a tangerine in her breast and her breast is tingling and is painful. This happened in a matter of a month. She is scheduled for a mammogram on Monday, but I am wondering how worried we all should be about this and if we need to try to make things move fast like doing more than a mammogram soon.
Posted Fri, 5 Apr 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 55 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query on health care magic.

Since the lump is painful, Increased in size in a short period of one month and mobile; Less likely it is malignant or cancerous.

There is no urgency for mammagram.
It can be done on Monday as well.
There is nothing to be concerned about. Ask her not to worry.

Feel free to ask if you have further doubts. I will be happy to help.
Dr Nilofer