Having pain, pressure in eye with zigzag lines in vision and headache. On medicine for high BP

Nov 2013

Hi my name is XXXXXX, I am 47 years old, I recently have had two days where suddenly I will get and onset of squiggly lines in my vision, once in both eyes, and the last time just my right eye, it lasted for approx 45 min , after the last one yesterday i have pain and pressure behind my right eye, i did get a mild headache after each but not as bad. I recently had been prescribed provera by my obgyn for crazy cycles, and it lisinopril for high blood pressure. I have been taking provers @ 10 mg daily for 10 days, and then bumpped up to 10mg 3x a day for the last 7 days. I can not get into see my doctor until Monday. My mother died from a brain anurisium at the age of 44, should I visit the ER? or is this just a migraine.
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

I agree with you that your recent symptoms are most likely suggestive of migraine with XXXXXXX Zigzag lines in front of one or both eyes may occur as a part of visual XXXXXXX in migraine, which is followed by headaches.

So, it is alright for you to wait until Monday for a consultation with your doctor.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any further queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist