Having pain on testis. Ultrasound done. Diagnosed as viral infection. What should I do?

hi....i m 27 year old..having pain on left side on my testies...i did ultrasound and checked with doctor but nothing came out...doc advised me that may it is any viral infection goes away automatically or wait for two months...but pain is terrible smtimes...sometime it decreases but i dont know wt should i do....
Posted Sat, 28 Jul 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 3 hours later

Thanks for writing. I understand your concern and worry.
At your age, severe pain of this sort can be torsion testis - that is twist of the testis to 360 degrees. Ultrasound is not always accurate.
Kindly see a surgeon or a urologist to get proper advice.
U may be need surgical procedure to fix the testis.
Hope I answered your query. Kindly get back to me for any concern and queries. I am ready to answer. Get well soon.
With best wishes and regards,
DR G Srinivasan.