Having pain on side of back. Found cyst in kidney. Should I be concerned?

hi i am 32 years old and female. Recently (for 2 month) i have felt a pain in my left the bottom around the front and back. My doctor sent me to have an ultrasound of my stomach which came back with normal except my left kidney where they found a cyst in the kidney. Should I be concerned?
Posted Mon, 1 Apr 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Ravi Bansal 40 minutes later

Cyst in kidney is generally a benign condition. It may reflect kidney disease in presence of other supportive evidence.

These include high blood pressure, abnormal urine examination, serum creatinine levels .
The appearance of the cyst on ultrasound can be classified into simple and complex cysts. Simple cysts are generally not associated with any kidney disease.
Kindly inform me the detailed ultrasound report, blood pressure and urine and blood reports to give you a specific answer

Sometimes kidney cysts are hereditary, therefore it would be important to note if your parents had kidney cysts.

Hope this helps. Write in for any further query.