Having pain on right side when periods starts. Have had tubes tied. What should I do to get cured?

I have been having extremely bad pain on my right side when I start my period. It feels like where my. I have had my tubes tied after my second child was born. I'm 31 yrs old. The pain gets so bad that it literally takes my breath away. I've taken alot of midol and alive. Can u please tell my what I need yo do or take to get the pain to go away?
OK. Thank you for looking into it.
Posted Wed, 25 Jul 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 55 minutes later

Thanks for query.

Any change in pattern of menstrual cycle needs to be looked for.

What I understand is, recently you are having extreme pain on right side at the start of period.

In such case underlying abnormal condition (usually involving a woman's reproductive system) is the reason for such kind of discomfort or pain.

There could be many possible reasons for this kind of pain.

The best thing would be visit a gynecologist and get your self examined for this. After examination the doctor will advise some investigations like ultrasound to look for exact cause and treatment.

Please do not ignore this and visit a doctor.

I hope this helps and clarifies your concern.

Follow-up: Having pain on right side when periods starts. Have had tubes tied. What should I do to get cured? 5 minutes later
I would have visited a gynecologist when this first started but I no longer have health insurance and a visit like the one your suggesting could b very costly.
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

Good to hear from you again.

I can understand your concern and the circumstances you are in.

But without proper examination and some investigations like ultrasound it is difficult to pin point the cause and suggest treatment.

You have already taken basic home medicines.

At the most you can wait for one more month and see it gets resolved on its own.

In general take light diet,avoid too much strenuous work.

In case some other symptoms like urinary problems ,pain without menstruation occurs please visit doctor early.