Having pain on right side and troubled breathing. Feel light headed and hot flashes when I get pain. Help?

For the past week I've had a sharp pain come and go on my right side. I feel out of breath when the pain comes, but yesterday I also started with a sharp pain in the middle left part of my back. I definitely have trouble breathing when that pain comes. I feel a tremendous amount of pressure and if I try to push down on it as I have to do to my right side pain, I feel like that pressure is just going to make me throw up. I get hot flashes when these pains come and light headed. I have been feeling pretty light headed lately now that I mention it and almost as if nausea wants to kick in. The fact that I'm having to gasp for air when theses pains occur is a little worrisome. Any advise? Please and thank you.

Just thought I should add that 2-3 months ago I had the pain on my middle right side last for about a month. Same symptoms:shortness of breath, hot flash, sweating, nauseating feeling and light headedness. And It feels like it wants to happen again right now, definitely starting up with taunting pain and sweating
Posted Sat, 20 Jul 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 2 hours later
thanks for the query

From the description you have given, there are two possible origins of your symptoms;
-respiratory and

With a history of allergy, obstructive pneumopathy is possible. Asthma, Bronchitis, bronchiectasis etc have to be ruled out. Chest X-ray films are necessary to have an image of the lungs in which any structural abnormality will be seen. Respiratory function tests also are needed to rule out obstructive diseases of the lungs.

The main digestive problem could be a peptic ulcer disease which presents with burning pain in the epigastric region. The pain radiates to the back is provoke by certain food; alcohol, pepper, spices etc. Peptic esophagitis is also possible in case acidic food moves backward to the esophagus thus eroding the esophagus and causing pain. Peptic ulcer disease is usually associated with a bacteria known as H. pylori and people positive for this bacteria have to take an eradication treatment. You will need an endoscopy which will visualize and make photos of the digestive tract and any abnormaly will be observe.
For adequate and effective care, it will be better to consult an internist who will do a detail examination and request appropriate tests following the findings of his examination.

Hope this answers your query. If you have further query, i will be glad to answer.
Best regards