Having pain on lung, dizziness, trouble concentrating and extreme fatigue. Found kidney stone. Related?

I have been having pain on the lower left side of my lung, dizziness, trouble concentrating and extreme fatigue. I have had blood work that showed my glucose was at 39 (I am not diabetic) and my white count was elevated (I have not been sick). I had a CT and they found kidney stones and a mostly colapsed gallbladder. My doctor told me to eat small meals throughout the day and drink plenty of water. I haven't been feeling better, should I get a second opinion?
Posted Sun, 8 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hypoglycemia, renal stone and Cholecystitis.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to XXXXXXX thanks for your query.

The very important thing to address is the hypoglycemia(Low blood sugar).
Dizziness, disorientation and fatigue is due to hypoglycemia.
Blood sugar of 39 mg/dl is very critical. The cause needs to be found and corrected at once.
Because persistent hypoglycemia may be life threatening at times if not corrected.

Increase in WBC's indicate infection.
It may be lung infection due to which you're are having pain of the left chest.
The source of the infection may be gallbladder(Cholecystitis).

Infection may be the reason for hypoglycemia because bacteria utilizes sugar for its growth.

The condition may not improve soon if the infection is not controlled.

Consult your doctor and request for a blood culture to identify the organism and effectively treat it with antibiotics.

Hope the answer helps you.

Follow-up: Having pain on lung, dizziness, trouble concentrating and extreme fatigue. Found kidney stone. Related? 6 hours later
Thanks, the nurse called emailed me the results and told me I just needed to eat more small meals and drink lemonade to break up stones. I told her that the many small meals weren't helping and she said that my blood sugar was probably just low because I had to wait a while in the office so that's why it was so low. I looked it up and a normal "fasting" low blood sugar seemed to be around 70. Is that correct? For blood work they did a CBC. Is there a more detailed blood test I can request? Also, I bought an at home blood sugar test because I saw on the report that my blood sugar was listed as "critical". That sounds serious but the doctors office didn't seem to make a big deal out of it. I read that if your blood sugar gets too low you can go into a coma, and at times I've felt very nauseous and thought I may pass out. At what glucose level does that occur? On the blood work there were a couple items that were in the "normal" range, but barely and I wondered if that indicated anything. My BUN/ creatine was 20(normal 8-20), sodium 143(normal 134-144), LDH 193(normal 0-213), amylase 40(normal 31-124),WBC 11.7(normal 4-10.5), platelets 387(normal140 -415), neutrophils absolut 7.7(normal1.8-7.8). Do any of these finding indicate anything I should pursue with her beyond a gallbladder infection? I know they see a ton of patients and don't have time to linger over the paperwork, they probably just read the highlighted stuff. I appreciate your help.
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Blood sugar below 70 mg/dl is critical.

Detailed Answer:

You are correct. Blood sugar below 70 mg/dl is hypoglycemia.
Blood sugar below 40 mg/dl is critical and may cause fits, coma and death.
Monitor your blood sugar regularly.
Cause of the hypoglycemic has to be found and treated if it occurs again.

Your blood tests are normal except a slight increase in WBC.
Consult your doctor for treatment of Cholecystitis with appropriate antibiotics.