Having pain on left side of the teeth. What is to be done?
User rating for this question
Pain on left side of the teeth
Posted Sun, 7 Oct 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Shivangi Gajwani Jain 48 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.
The pain as you have mentioned may be due to the following reasons:
1. Shallow cavity: Causes sensitivity to cold and can be treated by either filling or hust by desensitizing agents.
2. Medium Cavity: Food gets lodged in the cavity which leads to pain as the acid in the food seeps through the tubules causing pain. This needs to be cleaned out by the dentist and filled.
3. XXXXXXX cavity: XXXXXXX cavities reaching the nerves, may need a root canal treatment as pulp may have gotten infected leading to pain. Usually such pain increases at night while lying down as the pressure increases in the tooth.
I strongly would recommend you to visit a dentist for examination and treatment. Meanwhile, rinsing with warm saline water may help in shallow and medium filling as it will dislodge the stuck food particles. You may also take mild pain killers to reduce pain.
Hope you feel better soon. If there are anymore queries, I’ll be happy to help.
People also viewed
- Red hot mark on arm
- 33 weeks pregnant canker sores
- Duromine bad breath 30mg
- Left sided chest pain and left wrist pain
- 2yr old has yellow tongue
- Neck pain left side back pain pulseating
- Arms hot and red
- 32 yrs and toothache
- Left side painful pain
- Pain in left side of throat what is it
- Headache pain in left arm leg
- Red honeycomb pattern on inner arm
- Jaw hurts 33 weeks
- Jaw teeth pain on left side
- Home remedies for numbness in arms