Having pain on left side like menstrual, pelvic bone and back. What can be done?

Dec 2012

Hi, I,m 75yrs of age and having the oddlittle pain in my lower left side(sometimes it feels like menstral pain) for several weeks, I now have very sharp pain left of my pelvic bone- on the stomach-the past four days. It thobs a lot inbetween the sharp pain. I have severe pain very low in the back which is constant. I have an appointment to see dr. next week re my back but, I'm a bit worried about the sharp pain I am getting down below near pelvis, it hurts a lot. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Posted Fri, 16 Aug 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

I am pleased to be able to help you with your query,

From your description, you might be suffering from a pelvic infection which could be pyelonephritis (UTI/kidney infection), acute PID, colitis or diverticulitis. Since you mentioned that the pain is increasing progressively and severe, it will be best if you placed an appointment with a doctor sooner or go the ER as any of the above diseases that I have mentioned if they complicate could prove fatal.
The doctor will have to rule diseases that cause left flank pain by running a series of exams and maybe including an abdominal scan.
My suggestion is that you should go see a doctor as soon as you can.

Hope this helps and wish you the best.
Dr. Nsah
Follow-up: Having pain on left side like menstrual, pelvic bone and back. What can be done? 39 hours later
I forgot to mention that I feel exhausted and want to sleep all the time.
I can't see a Dr. until this Friday.
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 25 minutes later

Infection can cause some illness and you may feel tired (fatigue). I believe you still need to see a doctor soonest but if you can not make before Friday, then you will have to persevere a little. With your age too, it is possible that you might be suffering from the effect of aging and vitamin, minerals deficiency. You might require some additional supplements to give you a little energy. But if infection is the cause of your fatigue, then it will not be useful.

Hope this helps and wish you the best
Dr. Nsah