Having pain on left side. What are the symptoms of appendicitis?

what are the symptoms of appendicitis?
The pain is on the left side but is seems to be going away
Posted Mon, 4 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Appendicitis pain is mostly on the right side

Detailed Answer:

I have read your query with diligence.

The common symptom of appendicitis is abdominal pain. This pain is mostly on the right lower side of the abdomen rather than the left.

Also, the pain does not subside easily. It makes the patient throw up (vomiting), and the pain is unbearable making the person to run to the Emergency Room.

I do not think what you are experiencing is appendicitis. It must be some kind of a non-specific colitis. I am glad it is going away. Drink plenty of water to keep yourself well hydrated.

Appendicitis is an acute condition requiring immediate medical attention mostly.

Hope this is easy to understand and clear to you.