Having pain on back side of neck. How to treat this?

Spine Surgeon
Dear Sir,

My name is XXXXXX, I am facing a problem due to back pain at neck side. Everyday when I wakes up early in the morning, it's high pain on the back side of my neck. It's like body stuck up and I have to put all my wait to come up from the bad. More or less left side it took more pain on back side of neck. pls suggest.
Posted Tue, 18 Jun 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 50 minutes later
Neck pain usually results from the muscle spasm around neck and especially trapezius muscle spasm. It could be simple muscle spasm or may be cervical disc prolapse. I would suggest to get spine xrays to rule out serious spine issue.
For muscle spasm, please start anti inflammatory with muscle relaxant and physiotherapy. Sometimes pain block in trapezius helps. Gradually need to start neck muscle stretching exercise.
I would suggest to consult orthpaedic doctor and get spine xrays. Thanks.