Ask a Urologist   »  

Having pain on abdominal sides. Noticed yellow cloudy urine. Having pain. Diagnosed bacterial infection. Cause?

Jul 2016

Noticed some pains on my sides and abdomen. Yellowish & cloudy urine sometimes. Frequent most of the days too. Been to hospitals last year and was treated of some infections. The pains persisted until this year and i've visited teaching hospitals and privates who have all confirmed i dont have any kind of bacterial infections or whatsoever. Even had ultra sounds from different hospitals to ascertain the state of my kidneys which were 60%. Have also tested my liver and kidney functions through lab tests. All show i am healthy. What could be the cause of this issues still persisting or are there some other tests i shall need to undertake?
Posted Thu, 10 Oct 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need to evaluate throughly.

Detailed Answer:

Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have
Chronic pain in abdomen with UTI since a long time and has been investigated but still uncertain about the diagnosis of your problem.

Is it possible for you to post report of your kidney status which you have claimed to be 60%.

In view of chronic nature of your problems and repeated episodes of UTI possibility of Renal Paranchymal disease has to be ruled out.with joint consultation of Urologist and Nephrologist by doing following investigations,
1) Urine Routine and Urine culture.
2) Renal Function tests
3) C.T Scan of the abdomen
4) Intravenous find out any anatomical abnormality.
5) DMSA scan to ascertain kidney function and scarring etc.

Please consult qualified Urologist and Nephrologist for detail evaluation to help you to diagnose your problem,

Further treatment will depend upon results of these tests and final diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you

Follow-up: Having pain on abdominal sides. Noticed yellow cloudy urine. Having pain. Diagnosed bacterial infection. Cause? 11 days later
Thank so much. I have gone for the tests you mentioned and shall get back to you with results .
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please post me results of the tests.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up .Please do write me about the results of these tests so that I can comment on your problem.
Thanks and Regards.