Having pain near ear, neck and shoulder. Had thyriodect plus. 11lmph nodes taken out. How to reduce the pain?

Nov 2013

ih hsd a thyriodect plus 11lmph nodes taken out my face ear neck shoulder lof of pain to touch pins needles numbness face tightning doc says 6 years or more for pain to go away in pain your op
Posted Mon, 24 Jun 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 51 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

It is unfortunate that you are suffering from pain and symptoms due to nerve involvement, without much relief.

As of now, you can benefit from gabapentin or pregabalin capsules, which are very good medications to improve the nerve related discomfort.

In addition, supplements of nerve vitamins such as vitamin 12, pyridoxine, thiamine, etc would also help.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist