Having pain near chest when stretched, otherwise normal. Anything serious?

Excellent

Question
sir/madam I am feeling pain near chest when i stress my body only otherwise normal the pain is from 2/3 week.other than no problem
i am confusing pleas give me reply why this pain when i my chest stress only
Posted Sun, 19 May 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 13 minutes later
Hi XXXXXX

The chest pain that you are facing while on stress is just a normal variant. It is due to the release of the stress hormone.

Please relax, nothing to worry.

Whenever you get such chest pain, please take several deep breaths, drink cold water and rest awhile. You will be fine.

Just to be on the safer side, get an Electrocardiogram (ECG) done.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have more concerns.

Follow-up: Having pain near chest when stretched, otherwise normal. Anything serious? 14 minutes later
no mam actually i am sorry when i bend my chest.it feel like pain.i am feeling it rom last 2/3 week..
actually stress should be stretch..in my first question

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 15 minutes later
Hi XXXXXX

Still, there is nothing to be worried about.

Two other possibilities would be gastritis and inflammation in the ribs causing costo-chondritis. The second possibility is more likely in you.

Is there any breathing difficulty, heartburn or excessive perspiration along with the chest pain?

If these are absent, it is mostly muscular. You may take over the counter available medicine like Tablet. Dolo 650mg after food when you have chest pain, for a few days.

However, in my opinion, there is nothing wrong with you.

Take care!

Follow-up: Having pain near chest when stretched, otherwise normal. Anything serious? 6 minutes later
no mam nothing is there as you mentioned ..like...Is there any breathing difficulty, heartburn or excessive perspiration along with the chest pain?
actually at first time i am also not worried but it is now 2/3 week same thing happened .no increase no decrease of pain level..,no shifting of pain..the pain i feel only when i stretched and if it is not stretched nothing is there.
mam if second possibility is most likely then is there any solution to relief from it.

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 47 minutes later
Thanks for writing back XXXXXX

That is exactly what I am saying to you too. I am glad that you do not have any associated symptoms.

As I said, it seems like a muscle sprain. That is why it is paining when you stretch.

Please take Tablet Dolo as suggested.

Give rest to your body for a while. Also, drink plenty of fluids. Please get away from all kinds of stress.

Wish you good health.