Having pain inside and around nipple area while breast feeding. Reason?

I gave birth 1 month back and I am breast feeding my baby often when required.

Recently during and breast feeding, i m having right side breast pain from inside around nipple area. I am not feeling any pain on nipple outer area, I m feeling pain inside that too only in right side breast,. The pain gets relived after 1 hr+ when I take rest.

What could be the issue and ur suggestion/solution.

Posted Mon, 26 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 2 hours later
There may be some mild discomfort in the breast in the initial stages of breast feeding . If you use the right breast more than the left its possible . What needs to be ruled out is infection caused by mastitis /abscess . You should your doctor take a look at the breast if the pain becomes constant or you develop fever. Use nip care cream for cracked nipples . Make you wipe the nipple clean after feeding . Avoid crusting . Apply hot fomentation or dry heat on the area during pa in. Inspite of this if the pain remains see your doctor for examination so that infection can be ruled out.