Having pain in upper side of the throat and did a tough abdominal exercise. Reason?

ENT Specialist
Having pain in the upper side of the throat and i cant describe it.. Yesterday i had a tough abdominal excercise which i used my neck, can it be the reason?
Posted Sun, 1 Sep 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Neck muscle sprain, throat & neck examination

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query.

1. The most likely cause is a neck muscle sprain due to the strenuous abdominal exercises.

2. A simple throat examination and Neck X-rays will help differentiate this from any local infection, acid reflux, cervical spine spasm and so on.

3. Treatment will then consist of rest, anti-inflammatory (such as Combihext (aceclofenac+paracetamol) , anti-reflux and local pain relieving gels (such as Volini or Power-Gel).

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.