Having pain in thigh muscle and knee. Taking etodolac. Treatment to get cured completely?

Excellent

General Surgeon
Question
sir , my name is XXXXXXX , i was on a morning stroll and use to run few hundred yards on daily basis, after few days i sustain some injury( pain) in my left thigh muscle and in muscle just below knees , i had some x XXXXXXX of my left knees and it was ok as one of the doctors with whom i have referred told me , it has been more than 4 months and i still feel pain in my thigh and muscle just below knees(i.e. at the rear view of knees ) , whenever i start walking or even when i am sleeping , please help me sir , i am 23 years old boy . moreover sir , doctors have prescribed me to take etodolac containing medicines but when i stop taking that my pain increases but i am taking it sir becouse it releives me when i take it .
Posted Thu, 7 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 18 minutes later
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Your symptoms can be caused by veins thrombosis which has never been diagnosed or teared tendon which has never been healed property. The pain can be also a result of sciatica (sciatic nerve pain) due to its compression. With thrombosis at the beginning the calf muscle and thigh muscle becomes hard and tender when pressing it. Sciatica gives more pain radiating to the knee. No hard muscle symptom. Sciatica can be a result of spine disease or pelvis muscles inflammation.
I it advisable at your case to visit orthopedic surgeon. You should have physical examination, veins Doppler ultrasound and spine MRI.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.

Follow-up: Having pain in thigh muscle and knee. Taking etodolac. Treatment to get cured completely? 4 minutes later
sir , this means am i not able to run in whole life , or it can be treated

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 3 minutes later
Hello!

This for sure can be treated. You are a very young person and serious disease at your age are very rare. All mentioned diseases can be treated, you just need to find the reason of your symptoms. It is very hard to tell you exactly what you do suffer from as I am unable to even see you, or examine you. That is why I kindly ask you to visit orthopedic surgeon who has great experience in such diseases and should find a solution for you.

Hope this will help.
Regards.

Follow-up: Having pain in thigh muscle and knee. Taking etodolac. Treatment to get cured completely? 8 minutes later
thank you sir , one last thing i would like to ask you that when i sustain this injury for the first time that is on 7th oct 2012 morning , sir i had been running from 1 st october of that month but incidentally i used creep bandage in my left knees tightly so that i could get the grip , but after applying it for the first time when i ran just for a minute i started feeling pain and then i strip it out .

i would like to know that it might have done the damage or it is only co incidence and it has nothing to do with injury .
thanking you sir

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 6 minutes later
Hello!

It is rather hardly possible for such bandage to cause any damage. Only if it has been too tight, it could trigger blood clotting and result with veins thrombosis. But this should be applied very tight. So I dont think the bandage could be the reason of your sufferings.

Hope this will help.
Regards.