Having pain in thigh and back. Will endemetrosis be shown in ultrasound?

Critical Care Specialist
hi would a ultrasound show up endemetrosis and i have had blood work done and my hormones are perfect am ovulating would my hormones be off if i had that i have a 28 day cycle but have pains in my inner thighs top thighs down my bum my back all of my cycle not just on my period
Posted Thu, 8 Nov 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sadiq Mughal 3 hours later

Thanks for your question.

Endometriosis doesn’t follow any distinct pattern, which is why it is difficult for the doctor to know that a woman has the disease. Hormone levels are not necessarily altered in the presence of endometrosis; therefore it is not really surprising to find normal blood work up, hormones and ovulation in you.

The most common signs of endometriosis though are; pain before and during menstruation, pain with intercourse, general chronic pelvic pain throughout the month, low back pain; heavy and irregular periods; Painful bowel movements - especially during menstruation; fatigue; painful urination especially during menstruation; etc.

So pain which you’re having during the month may have been due to pain of Endometriosis.

Hope I answered your question. For any more question, do post your follow up, I will be readily available to reply.

Get well soon!!!