Having pain in the middle of the ribs and felt hard bone. What could be this?

Hi... recenlty I have been doing Yoga with my girlfirend. I'm 180cm, 78kg, run my own business and work long hours with little movement. I'm not fat and unhealthy as I eat well and drink lots of water etc, but am stiff in the back etc.

So lately i've been doing some moves where my body is all over the place. Since doing this, ive notice that underneath my ribs, right in the middle, and up a bit (so in the middle of the ribs but up from the bottom of the ribs) there is a hard yet very tender bone or something that is hurting when I push on it. It hurts more when i have wind in my stomach...
Is it possible I’ve push something out of place? Or brused something there? What is that in that area of the body?

Health wise im fine, I’ve got a lot of wind however but I’m 95% sure that is caused by a lot of stress im currently under at work (irritable bowel syndrome (past diagnsotic))
Posted Mon, 19 Nov 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 58 minutes later
The pain in the middle of the ribs that you are having may be related to a minor inflammation of the costochondral joint in the area.
It can happen due to a muscle spasm too. Most of the times such symptoms can be taken care of by taking mild analgesic like acetaminophen and doing a hot fomentation in the area. Avoid doing yoga till it is completely healed as it involves an active movement of the respiratory muscles.
In case the problem persists, oral muscle relaxants may be required after consulting an orthopedician.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.