Having pain in the body. Cure? Can MRI lesions disappear with time?

Nov 2013

Good Morning Doctor XXXXX

I have written before about the brain MRI's and I am just wondering what I can do to heal or cure or improve the situation. I can't imagine going on with the medication and having this strange feeling in my body with the pain. Can these lesions disappear with time?

Thank you very much.
Posted Wed, 17 Jul 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Thank you for getting back.

I would like to reassure you that these symptoms are not permanent, and they would improve or get better over time.
MRI lesions may not heal (completely disappear) when MRI is repeated. This is because the healed lesions (scar) are also picked up on MRI scans. However, these lesions become inactive over time, and cease to produce symptoms.

I hope it helps.
Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website:
My email: YYYY@YYYY
My blog:
Follow-up: Having pain in the body. Cure? Can MRI lesions disappear with time? 2 hours later
Thank you for responding so quick. May I ask another question please?

How about alcohol? Is it bad for the brain with lesions? Or how much is healthy and how much is damaging? Or is the best to stay away at all?
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 49 minutes later
Thank you for getting back.

Small amounts of alcohol, about upto 30 ml per day, may be safe, though there is no uniform agreement on this in research. Amounts higher than 30 ml definitely has a detrimental effect on brain.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)