Having pain in testicle, hip and lower back. Ultrasound of testicle and blood tests negative. Small varcocele detected. Guide?

I have had increasing pain in left testicle, left hip and lower back. Testicle pain goes back over a year. Ultrasound of testicle and blood tests negative for any testicle problem or infection. Small varcocele detected but urologist says should not cause pain. Mri for back negative. Now have blood in urine and slight irritation in penis. Scheduled for hip mri.
Posted Fri, 19 Jul 2013 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Manjula R 4 hours later
hi Mr. Dbender..

Let me recap the query for better understanding. You have testicular pain.. you have undergone certain investigation and it has come negative... you have undergone tests for infections probably you have not mentioned about it now... now you have hematuria(blood in the urine) and irritation...

The possible causes for testicular pain/hematuria could be due to torsion of testis and infection(chlamydia /gonorrhea) as your doctor has rightly said small varicocele should not cause so much of pain. I suggest seeing your surgeon is right step for the further investigation and management. According to the protocol most important is to rule out torsion with plain ultrasound examination should be done along with colour dopler will help to make prompt diagnosis...

Hope i have answered your questions...

All the very best....