Having pain in testicle and lower abdomen. How to cure sperm granuloma?

Hi , I am two months post vasectomy. My doctor told me I have a sperm gramuola. I have a lot of pain in may right testicle and pain in my lower abdomen. Very Uncomfortable.The more I do the more I hurt. Will this sperm gramuola go away on its on or will it have to be surgically removed ? I cannot continue to live with this. What would you suggest I do from this point on ? Please help !!
Posted Thu, 3 Jan 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 23 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
A sperm granuloma is a collection of sperms caused by sperm leaking into the scrotum during a vasectomy. Successful reversal is more likely when there has been a granuloma following vasectomy.
The granuloma is formed when sperm leaks out of the damaged vas deferans, which is the cord that carries sperm from the testicles. An immune response happens, and the sperm is surrounded by a protective mass. Many cases of sperm granuloma cause no symptoms. The most common symptom is radiating pain in the groin. Cases of sperm granuloma usually resolve without treatment, although pain can last for up to a year.

Sperm granulomas occur in approximately 40% of vasectomies. Troubling symptoms occur in approximately three to five percent of these cases. Symptoms typically occur two to three weeks after surgery.
When treatment is necessary, steroids injected into the mass usually resolve the problem. If the steroids do not work, the mass may need to be surgically removed.
Also speak to your doctor to rule out other causes of pain.
Hope this helps,
Follow-up: Having pain in testicle and lower abdomen. How to cure sperm granuloma? 38 minutes later
Thank you very much for your answer. I am having to take naproxen three times a day to get through the day. I really don't think I can wait a year .I do have a lot of pain in my groin, but do you think a granuloma could cause inflamation / pressure in my lower abdomen-high groin and also swelling in my scrotum mainly with exertion ?
Of course I have had to refrain with sex, especially ejaculation. I thought about a second opinion / physical exam from another urologist. I sure hope you let your patients know of the risks of a vasectomy because I sure would go back in time if I could. Thank you so much for your help. Thanks again.
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 4 hours later
Welcome back.
There may be other reasons for the pain as well.
A second opinion is a must in this situation.
Based on that, further steps can be taken.
It will either be steroid injections or surgical excision.
Wishing you good health,