Having pain in testicle. Diagnosed Iwith bulging disc in l3 and l4. Is this normal?

I have pain in my left testicle. A physiotherapist has diagnosed I have a bulging disc in l3 and l4. Is this normal?
Posted Fri, 26 Oct 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 21 minutes later

It is true that a bulging disc can cause radiating pain in the testicles but without MRI spine it is very difficult to confirm a bulging disc. The cause of this testicular pain needs to be found out. The first possibility is of any inguinal hernia which may cause any testicular pain due to radiation of pain. The second possibility is of radiating pain due to kidney or bladder stones. But this is usually presenting with lumbar pain and urinary symptoms as well.

In young males, often excessive bicycle riding and prostatic infection can cause such kind of testicular pain. Sometimes sitting on an inadequately padded surface or for prolonged periods of time is causing transient irritation to the prostate which is already inflamed. This could be appearing as the pain on top of testicles.

Lastly any neurological pain as well as epididymitis and orchitis (infection of the testicles) also need to be ruled out. Hence it is mandatory to get a few investigations done. These include ultrasound lower abdomen, testicular ultrasound and color Doppler, urethral swab, PSA (prostatic specific antigen) and MRI spine test done. Best would be to get these investigations done from a urologist.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.