Having pain in temple. Using ayurvedic tablets. Feeling giddiness. What to do?

Excellent
Question
Dear Doctor,

Recently I'm facing pain in right temple and projecting downwards to the jaw. This is happening very regularly. My blood pressure is not stable. To kill the stress i'm using ashwagandha ayuvedic tables. I'm not diabetic, but very close to boundary as my family has diabetic history. Till now I'm not using any tablets except Ashwagandha. And also recently I’m feeling giddiness and tidiness. So, I kindly request you to suggest me what i have to do.

Thanks,
XXXXXX
Posted Sun, 9 Jun 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 45 minutes later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

There are several possibilities from temporo-mandibular joint to Trigeminal neuralgia or intra-cranial hypertension. You should see a NEUROLOGIST. Clinical examination, including temporal arteries and fundus is necessary. You may need MRI brain

Have a GTT and HbA1c – to evaluate Diabetes. Kidney function and Lipids should also be seen, preferably.

Your blood pressure needs frequent check up. Ambulatory monitoring may help. Routine ECG & ECHO should be done.

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck

Follow-up: Having pain in temple. Using ayurvedic tablets. Feeling giddiness. What to do? 1 hour later
!!! Thank You Very Much Sir !!!

Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 1 hour later
All the best
You are young and you have the motivation
You will be able to take proper care of yourself

Follow-up: Having pain in temple. Using ayurvedic tablets. Feeling giddiness. What to do? 2 hours later
Dear Sir,

Another issue i forgot to inform is more pain is between right temple and ear(very close to ear). Severe pain I feel exact at the junction of pinna(upper) end attaching to skin. When i press that area I get some what relief. Please also suggest me whether I can continue to use Ashwagandha tables.

Thanks,
XXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 2 hours later
Hello

Ashwagandha is not an Allopathic medicine and I cannot comment on it. It is herbal medicine used by practitioners of Ayurveda and the concerned specialist alone can address the issue.
If the pain is at or near the ear, it is better to see an ENT specialist also - for example, infection in the external ear can be responsible...
The best option is to get investigated - to exclude any serious disease..physical and psychological relief, it will give...

Follow-up: Having pain in temple. Using ayurvedic tablets. Feeling giddiness. What to do? 20 hours later
Thank You Sir !!!

Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 3 hours later
everything will be alright