Ask a Dentist   »  

Having pain in teeth and gums. Temporary relief from medicine. Any permanent cure?

I am having pain in my teeth/gums on the right side very much. This is happening for the last 4-5 days. I took some medicines after asking from the medical shop. After taking the medicine, I was relieved for 2-3 hours. But after that, the situation feels the same. Can you suggest some good medicines to prevent this permanently?

Also I feel that there is some food material that has been stuck in my teeth due to which it is paining. Is there any way I can remove the food material or dilute it?
Posted Sat, 4 May 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Bibhu Dutt Nanda 54 minutes later
Thanks for writing to us,

I would like you to know that tooth pain is associated with infection. In your case I assume whenever food gets impacted pain starts. I will advise you to visit a dentist to get the tooth checked, antibiotics is a must to resolve infection which will be prescribed by your dentist after full mouth check up.

I will recommend warm saline rinses(3-4 times/ day).
Use an antibacterial mouth wash (twice/ day).
Do not apply any hot compresses when in pain.

I hope this answer was useful.
kindly write back if you have further queries .
I wish you good health.